We are looking for a cover that encapsulates the essence of the book: to engage incoming freshmen and by extension the greater Notre Dame community through compelling personal stories.
The use of original photographs and artwork is preferred, and we ask that you not use images from the internet that are not a part of the public domain. Contributors will be acknowledged on the book cover and awarded a copy of the book.
Specifications for Book Cover
- Front/back cover: 5.5” x 8.5”
- Spine: 8.5” x .7”
- Resolution: 600 dpi (dots per image)
- The front cover will contain the long title and space for two editors' names
- The spine will contain the short title, space for names of editors, and name of publisher (Corby Books)
- All wordings besides title TBD
- Full color printing available for both front and back
- Any form of graphics you have created or photographs you have taken- if you need access to high quality university photos contact the graphics editor
- Back cover needs space for
- long title
- 100-word for book description
- 70-word for excerpt or blurb
- name of two editors and 70-word editor credentials.
- bar code, ISBN, and price
- publisher information
- credit to the photographer and designer
- Submit a pdf or jpeg and an editable version (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.).
Please send in your designs and/or questions to our graphics editor, Avani <firstname.lastname@example.org>, by midnight on April 10, 2016.